Friday, November 8, 2013

Pumpkin DEElight

Happy Friday night blogging world! 

If you have been reading my blog for a while now, you would have learned that I am a massive foodie, however I do care for my health (although I do wish I could eat macarons everyday for the rest of my life). Pumpkin soup is one of my very favourite dishes - I love that rich, thick pumpkin consistency and the warmness it leaves in my tummy after a steaming hot bowl full. 

Today I want to share the most amazing pumpkin soup recipe I have had in a very long while. I used Donna Hay's recipe, however modified it so there was no lactose (I'm intolerant) which in turn gave me less calories and fat. I hope you all enjoy xx

Ingredients

1 x 2kg whole butternut pumpkin 
1 x onion 
Olive oil for drizzling
Sea salt (I used himalayan rock salt)
3 1/2 cups of chicken stock
1 x cup of cream (I used zymil cream)
1 x tablespoon honey
Sour cream to serve

Method 

1. Preheat oven to 230 cut the pumpkin in half lengthway's and scoop out the seeds. Place the pumpkin, cut-side up, and onion on a baking tray. 

2. Drizzle with a little oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 55 - 60 minutes or until the pumpkin is soft and starting to brown. 

4. Scoop the pumpkin out of the skin into a blender. Also scoop the onion flesh away from its skin and add to the blender. 

5. Add 1 cup of the chicken stock and blended until smooth or to desired consistency.

6. Put the mixture into a saucepan, add remaining stock, cream and honey. 

7. Place over medium heat until soup is heated through. 

8. Serve with sour cream. 

Bon Appetit 




2 comments:

  1. I love pumpkin soup, its one of my favourite soups in winter!!

    http://welldressed25.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mine too! You seriously have to try this recipe then. One of the best I have had xx

      Delete