Monday, October 29, 2012

Currently Baking and Reading

Currently Baking & Reading 

  

My weekend passed me by quite quickly, It was spent doing the things I enjoy however don't always get time to do.
On what I would call a not-so-lazy Saturday I spent my time baking a deliciously healthy treat (I have posted the recipe for you all below) and reading a novel among other things. 

Yummy Banana Bread!

Ingredients: 1 1/2 Cups of Almond Meal 
Three Bananas 
Two eggs
1/2 Cup of Shredded Coconut 
One Tablespoon of Natural Peanut Butter
One Tablespoon of LSA Mix 
And 
1/2 Teaspoon of Vanilla Essence


Step One: Mash Bananas 




Step Two: Add all Ingredients into a mixing bowl 



Step Three: Add vanilla into mixture, I used Organic Vanilla Bean extract which I believe gives a better taste and is better for you then the normal Vanilla Essence, I used the one pictured below which can be found in the Cakes/Baking section of the supermarket



Step Four: Beat Mixture until a smooth consistency 



Step Five: Bake for approximately Twenty Minutes, I garnished the top of my loaf with almond slithers and baked until brown, due to the nature of how this loaf is baked it doesn't quite lift of the edges of the baking tray however slides out well if you grease the tray thorougly. 
   




Currently Reading: A Jack Reacher Thriller by Lee Child, I have read most of the series now and find each and every book written well and gripping.



 I hope you all enjoyed this post and I look forward to sharing my next post with you all!!

- Jacqueline


 

2 comments: